Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Talking Point #1

Social Construction Of Childhood
Reflection

I think most of us can agree that we all had very similar childhoods. Some of us even can say we all picture a childhood fantasy. Where we all just played games, lived without worries, and just was a kid. That is not always the case. As we seen in the article people live very different lives. What society calls normal to us we were playing games; in other societies kids are same age were making those games.

In different countries there is many child labor being taken place. It happens on a daily basis. Children don't get that "childhood dream." It also makes me think of those who are the oldest from their brothers and sisters. Maybe their childhood was to watch over them.

It is also crazy to think how generations are changing. When I was younger and went shopping with my mom I had like two barbie dolls to entertain myself. Now I see kids in strollers with Ipads to watch movies as their parents shop. It is all crazy to me.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment